The quality of dental care in Australia and New Zealand is topnotch. You can find excellent facilities, qualified dentists, capable dental staff, and a wide range of treatments on offer. So, you may wonder why you should even consider the option of dental tourism. The fact of the matter is that an increasing number of Aussies and Kiwis are travelling overseas for dental work, particularly to Phuket. Dentists there keep prices low, even for procedures that are complex and cost-intensive.
For instance, the price of all-on-six implants Down Under runs over $30,000. Simply put, the average person in Australia and New Zealand cannot afford to pay for the treatment. Your options are limited when it comes to covering the cost of the procedure. Undergoing the treatment could mean you end up with a mountain of debt. Insurance will not cover even a portion of the costs. So, as you can see, travelling overseas for dental treatments makes perfect sense. But, is this is the case when you want a minor treatment? Let us find out.
The Cost Savings on Offer
Phuket is among the most popular tourist destinations, not just in Asia but across the world. The island welcomes millions of tourists each year, coming in to explore the beauty of the location. However, an increasing number of Aussies and Kiwis are now booking their flights to Phuket for dental work. The fact of the matter is that the prices of multiple treatments, including dental fillings and crowns in Phuket, are low. You can save money, ranging from hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars by opting for dental work in Phuket.
- The cost of labor in Phuket is significantly lower than in Auckland or Melbourne. Dentists can hire competent staff at wages that are affordable.
- Technology and materials required for performing a wide range of dental procedures is affordable in Phuket. Extensive paperwork and compliance requirements in Australia and New Zealand drive up the cost of dental equipment. As a result, dentists also have to keep prices high.
- The Thailand government does not impose any strict policies or tax requirements on dental clinics there. Clinics in first-world countries have to deal with extensive bureaucratic red tape, which drives up their cost of operation.
But exactly how much money can you save on dental work in Phuket? Dentists keep prices low across the board. For instance, the price of dental fillings in Phuket is AUD $53 / NZD $58, as compared to AUD $202/ NZD $207 Down Under. Furthermore, crowns in Phuket cost AUD $700 / NZD $758 while the price Down Under is AUD $1,505/ NZD $1,545.
Among the most significant savings you can enjoy are on all on four. Dentists in Phuket charge AUD $15,450 / NZD $16,700 for the treatment, as compared to the AUD $33,910/ NZD $34,841 you have to pay at a local clinic.
Pick a Clinic That Suits Your Needs
Now that you know how much money you can save on dental work in Phuket, you can start researching the dental clinics on the island. Here are the top five options you can consider:
- Phuket Dental Studio
- Sea Smile International Dental Clinic
- Pearl Dental Clinic
- Patong Smile Dental Clinic
- DDS Dental Clinic
Obviously, doing research on the clinics can help you pick a clinic that suits your needs perfectly, allowing you get the best bang for your buck in Phuket. Dentists there are reliable, capable, and most importantly, affordable. Feel free to contact our customer support if you want to learn more about scheduling an appointment at a clinic in Phuket.