Dentistry is expensive in New Zealand and Australia which is why people travel to Phuket for more reasonably priced dental treatments. In Phuket, dentists are cost-effective and reliable, and dental crown procedures in Phuket are popular with dental tourists.
Why Prices are Low
One of the main reasons dental fillings are affordable in Phuket is that the clinics benefit from the lower cost of living in Thailand. Rent, salaries, and other costs are lower, and those savings are passed on to the patients.
There are many dentists in Phuket so competition is stiff. The government encourages friendly competition amongst clinics which compels them to keep their prices low in order to attract patients. However, the clinics rely heavily on repeat business and word-of-mouth so the quality of treatment remains high. All these factors help the clinics in Phuket keep their treatment costs low.
How Much Can You Save?
The following price comparison shows how much you could save on dental fillings in Phuket:
- Australia: AUD 202
- New Zealand: NZD 207
- Phuket: AUD 53
- NZD 58
As you can see, savings of 75% are possible, and although this may not be enough to cover the costs of flights and accommodation, if you are travelling to Phuket for a holiday, business, or other dental or medical treatment, it is worth considering.
Note: the prices above are approximate. Please check our current prices for your selected clinic for estimated costs of treatment.
Recommended Clinics in Phuket
The following clinics have been recommended highly by past patients:
- Dental Signature is a subsidiary of an award-winning dental facility which is operated in accordance with international standards and has one of the most reliable dental teams in Phuket.
- DDS Dental Clinic is equipped with the latest technology and employs specialist dentists. They only use high-quality materials to ensure you receive a world-class dental care experience.
- Patong Smile Dental Clinic is popular amongst international clients as it is located close to Patong Beach, a popular tourist area. There is affordable accommodation nearby which reduces the time and hassle involved in travelling to and from the facility.
- Pearl Dental Clinic is a technologically advanced clinic that offers a range of dental procedures.
- Phuket Dental Studio is a modern and well-equipped clinic which is popular with international patients.
In Phuket, dentists are reliable and affordable. Get more information about the clinics above from our customer support or book online at no extra charge.
Phuket. Lonely Planet. https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/phuket-province
Bruce-Smith, Alex. The ‘Forgotten’ Health Care: Why A Trip To The Dentist Costs So Much. 10 Daily. 10 March 2018. https://10daily.com.au/news/australia/a190308tyl/the-forgotten-health-care-why-a-trip-to-the-dentist-costs-so-much-20190309?&TDpsearch=Google_DSA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrK6jt4ub5QIVwhuPCh3SpQEGEAAYAyAAEgKWSfD_BwE
Dental Health and Tooth Fillings. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dental-health-fillings