Australians and New Zealanders are reluctant to travel for dental treatments despite the high cost of care at home. For those that do take the plunge, the savings can be high, especially if you travel to Phuket in Thailand. This tropical paradise is popular despite a number of untrue myths, details of which are listed below:
“Lack of Experienced and Qualified Dentists”
One of the most common myths about dentistry in Phuket is that the dentists there lack experience or are unqualified. This is untrue, as dentists in Thailand are highly qualified, with many of them receiving training abroad. All dentists go through a series of tests before they receive their license to provide treatments such as dental crowns in Phuket.
Dental fillings are a popular treatment from clinics in Phuket despite the comparatively low savings available. Clinics there are reliable with state-of-the-art facilities that have the latest technology at their disposal. Additionally, clinics follow international hygiene standards so they are the same as clinics in the west.
The following clinics have been recommended highly by past patients:
- Sea Smile Dental Clinic is part of a large network of dental clinics known as the Malo Clinic Partnership. The clinic is famous for providing world-class dental care at reasonable prices.
- B. Dental Care Clinic is located inside the popular Jungceylon Shopping Center. The clinic provides exceptional care on a range of treatments, from fillings to implants, all under one roof.
- New Smile Dentists has been serving international and local patients for over twenty years. The clinic has a reputation for providing exceptional dentistry at low prices and is home to a team of dentists and specialists.
- Patong Smile Dental Clinic is popular amongst tourists as it is located in the middle of the Patong Beach area near hotels and many other tourist sights.
“Expensive Dental Care”
Many believe that clinics in Phuket are expensive, and only the unreliable clinics provide cheap dentistry. This is untrue, as clinics provide exceptional discounts on dental fillings and other treatments. Here is a brief comparison for the prices of different treatments between Phuket and Down Under:
- Australia: AUD 1,505
- New Zealand: NZD 1,545
- Phuket: AUD 700 / NZD 758
- Australia: AUD 2,378
- New Zealand: NZD 2,443
- Phuket: AUD 955 / NZD 1,031
- Australia: AUD 5,098
- New Zealand: NZD 5,238
- Phuket: AUD 2,630 / NZD 2,871
Note: the prices above are approximate. Please check our current prices for your selected clinic for estimated costs of treatment.
These myths have been shown to be untrue, so you can make an informed decision about reliable and affordable dentists in Phuket. Learn more about scheduling an appointment, feel free to get in touch with our customer support or book online at no extra charge.
Phuket. Lonely Planet. https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/phuket-province
Bruce-Smith, Alex. The ‘Forgotten’ Health Care: Why A Trip To The Dentist Costs So Much. 10 Daily. 10 March 2018. https://10daily.com.au/news/australia/a190308tyl/the-forgotten-health-care-why-a-trip-to-the-dentist-costs-so-much-20190309?&TDpsearch=Google_DSA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrK6jt4ub5QIVwhuPCh3SpQEGEAAYAyAAEgKWSfD_BwE
Dental Crowns. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dental-crowns