Dentistry is expensive in Australia and New Zealand but in countries such as Thailand dental work is much more affordable. However, despite the savings available, you might be reluctant to become a dental tourist. In Phuket, dentists are highly qualified and have received many positive reviews. Let us look at the myths stopping you from travelling and debunk them:
“Good Clinics Are Overpriced”
Some believe that the best clinics in Thailand charge the same as clinics at home and that the inexpensive prices are only offered by sub-standard clinics. This could not be further from the truth as many of the clinics in Phuket have 5-star reviews yet charge reasonable prices.
“The Savings Are Not Worth It”
The savings available are considerable, as shown in the comparisons below:
- Australia: AUD 202
- New Zealand: NZD 207
- Phuket: AUD 53 / NZD 58
- Australia: AUD 1,623
- New Zealand: NZD 1,667
- Phuket: AUD 670 / NZD 723
“The Dentists Are Not Qualified”
Dentists in Phuket are highly qualified and they maintain excellent hygiene standards as they received excellent education and training. Most of the dentists have studied abroad so they are aware of international dentistry best practices. The best part is that they are also fluent in English so if you have any questions about the procedure, you can easily talk to them about it.
“The Local Staff Do Not Speak English”
Staff such as nurses, auxiliary staff, and receptions are recruited locally but they are well trained and provide excellent care to patients. As clinics pay high salaries for locals they can recruit staff who are fluent in English.
“The Clinics Have Poor Standards”
Since the clinics charge a low price for dental treatments in Phuket you may believe that they cut corners on standards and hygiene. However, this is not the case. Dental fillings and other procedures are affordable, but the clinics adhere to the highest quality standards too.
The following are world-class clinics in Phuket:
- DDS Dental Clinic was formed in 1998 and is a sister company to the 3D Imaging Center. Both are popular with international patients.
- Patong Smile Dental Clinic has been serving international patients for over five years in its location close to the centre of Patong Beach.
- Pearl Dental Clinic was founded in 1998 next to the sea. Have treatment then go for a stroll on the beautiful beach.
- Sea Smile International Dental Clinic is part of the Malo Group of clinics, one of the biggest dental clinic networks in the world.
- Phuket Dental Studio is popular with international tourists as it has a modern facility with experienced dentists.
Now that these myths have been debunked, you can plan your visit by booking an appointment with Dentists in Phuket or contact the customer care team for more information.