Root Canals in Phuket
Getting root canals in Phuket is a growing trend as people in countries like Australia and New Zealand have to face sky-high and rising dental costs. While this thought can be a bit confusing and you might be apprehensive about flying to Thailand for the root canal, the process is easier and much more reliable than you might initially think.
Many people also think root canals are more painful than they are; they are actually no more uncomfortable as getting a filling. As for the pain of finding a reliable dental clinic in Phuket, we make the process as simple and hassle-free as possible. So why risk losing your tooth when you can save it for much less by getting a root canal in Phuket?
The Root Canal Procedure
Teeth can sometimes be affected by strong decay. When this happens, the tooth’s central cavity, called the root canal, can be infected or damaged. The root canal contains soft tissue, pulp and nerve tissue. When this is infected, it develops an abscess at the tooth root. This is painful and can cause swelling around the affected tooth. This swelling sometimes spreads to other areas of the face and even neck. In severe cases it can also cause bone loss in your jaw.
A root canal procedure is done to solve this problem. The procedure is performed by a dental specialist known as an endodontist. The endodontist will remove the pulp and nerve from the affected tooth and then carefully clean and fill the empty cavity. This will take care of the pain, and save your tooth. Generally, the procedure can be done in a couple of appointments. This depends on the location of the infection and whether a dental crown is needed to fortify the tooth.
Before you fly out to get your root canal in Phuket, you should know the steps involved in the procedure:
- The dentist assesses your tooth’s condition and takes X-rays to see the root canals and determine whether the tooth is infected.
- A local anaesthetic is given to numb the area around the affected tooth. The dentist will fit a rubber dam over the tooth to keep the zone dry for the procedure.
- Pulp, bacteria and other debris are removed through an access hole that is drilled into the tooth. After cleaning the chamber thoroughly, an antibiotic medication will be placed inside if required.
- Now the tooth is filled and sealed. Sometimes, the dentist will put a temporary filling and ask you to return in about a week to confirm there is no infection. Once satisfied, the permanent filling will replace the temporary one.
- If your dentist thinks you need a crown, he will take impressions and send them to the lab to manufacture the crown. You will return to the dentist again to have the crown fitted.
In case of severe infection, the dentist may ask you to take antibiotics for many days before the root canal treatment starts. This will limit the risk of cross-infection. You can also get an initial assessment with your local dentist in Australia or New Zealand and then proceed with your dental holiday to Phuket for the actual procedure.
Save Money on Your Root Canal
The biggest reason for you to get a root canal in Phuket is the cost savings. While the prices may vary among the clinics, Phuket’s dentists will always charge much less than their Australian and New Zealand counterparts. Check out the price comparison based on average prices:
- Cost in Australia: $1,660
- Cost in New Zealand: $1,706
- Cost in Phuket: AUD $347 / NZD $375
So you can save around 80% because of the low root canals cost in Phuket. This may sound too good to be true but it is the real deal. As long as you visit a reliable dentist in Phuket, which we help you do, you will get top-quality root canal. And save over a thousand dollars.
You can compare prices for the different clinics on our listing. At any rate, you will save a good amount of money compared to getting the procedure at your local pricey dentist. Many of our patients have reported that their local dentists were impressed by the quality of dental work they received in Phuket. The key is finding the right clinic, which is where we come in.
Does Lower Price Mean Lower Quality?
Thankfully, no. Phuket is home to some of the finest dentists and world-class dental facilities. The lower prices often get people thinking about the quality. And that is alright. We believe that you should never compromise on your dental health no matter how much money you are saving.
You can get a root canal in Phuket for much less mainly because it costs much less to run a dental clinic in Thailand than it does Down Under. The lower operating costs, cost of materials and labour and cost of living all contribute to the lower prices. Even the top dentists in Phuket are able to pass on these savings to their patients. Your local dentist back home simply cannot compete with this.
Moreover, the red tape that affects businesses in first-world countries is not a problem in Thailand. When people do not know these reasons, they fall into the trap of assuming that lower price must equal lower quality. Now you know better.
You might want to clear some other misconceptions about root canals in general and in Phuket before you fly out:
- “A root canal is painful”
- “Root canal causes illness”
- “Removing the tooth is better than getting a root canal treatment”
- “The procedure requires a lot of visits”
- “You need a root canal only if your teeth hurt”
- “Benefits of root canal are not long term”
- “Dentists in Thailand are not as qualified as in Australia or New Zealand”
- “Dental clinics in Thailand are not as safe or well equipped as in Australia or New Zealand”
- “You will not save money after factoring in the cost of travel and accommodation”
Feel free to discuss any of these or other thoughts in your mind about this procedure with us. Do not let any half-truths about a root canal in Phuket keep you from enjoying the benefits of dental tourism. We know from personal experience that an increasing number of people from Down Under and other countries are finding affordable yet high-quality root canal and other dental treatments in Phuket.
Phuket may have some dental clinics that are not up to the mark. Rest assured that you do not have to worry about them. Our team uses a thorough screening process to remove them from the equation, adding only the most reputed clinics to our listing. Our background check includes:
- Visiting the clinics
- Checking malpractice and criminal records
- Assessing the equipment and facilities
- Evaluating the safety, health and sterilization processes
- Verifying the dentists’ qualifications
- Verifying the dental association memberships
This makes Dentists in Phuket the ideal place to find Phuket's best root canal dentists. We do the legwork so you do not have to. We also collect and share root canals reviews in Phuket from people who have visited these clinics. This gives you invaluable insight into the experience of getting a root canal in Phuket. You will also get a better understanding of the clinics you are considering.
Combine it with a Vacation
We recommend that you plan at least a week-long holiday in Phuket when you are traveling there for your root canal. This will give you enough time to complete the visits and enjoy a vacation as well. Of course the holiday budget will also be spread over the treatment. So you can kill two birds with one stone.
And Phuket will never let you down in terms of having an enjoyable vacation. The dramatic, islands and relaxed beaches are unparalleled. You can also delve into the fantastic cuisine, the historic sites. All this provides the perfect environment to relax and “recover” from your root canal procedure. Instead of leaving the dental clinic and heading back to your house, you will head back to your hotel in this beautiful Thai island. A trip to the dentist does not get better than this. Why not put an ocean between yourself and your daily life especially when you are getting a dental treatment and can use all the rest and relaxation you can get?
Feel free to check out our listing for dental clinics that provide root canals in Phuket. We encourage you to book through Dentists in Phuket to enjoy warranties on dental work and materials used. We also advise you to stick to your selection after landing in Phuket and not be distracted by any marketing gimmicks you come across. If you have done your homework and read up on our website, you would have made the right choice. You just need to follow the plan you made with our help and enjoy an effective root canal and a memorable holiday in beautiful Phuket.